dotTrace Performance 5.5
- A new convenient way to search for bottlenecks via the Subsystems view
- Bookmarks for quick navigation between points of interest in a snapshot
- Improved filters
- Redesigned Overview
- Improvements in performance
dotTrace Performance 5.3
- Profiling Windows Store applications
- Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and ReSharper 7.1
- New filters in Hot Spots
- New time measurement method
dotTrace Performance 5.0
- Attaching to .NET process
- Displaying decompiled code
- Improved remote profiling
- Simultaneous profiling of applications targeting CLR versions 2.0 and 4.0
- Support for IIS Express
- Profiling XBAP applications
- Transparent integration with Typemock Isolator
- More options in Plain List
- Support for UNC paths
- Improved Adjust Time functionality
- Threads that do message pumping are marked with special icon
dotTrace Performance 4.5
- Profiling WCF applications
- More filtering to hide irrelevant calls
- Examining the performance of all public members of a specific class by opening them in a new tab
- Previewing source code for .NET Framework assemblies using source server
- Displaying IL code
- Performance improvements when processing large snapshots (especially in Plain List and Hot Spots)
- More options for performance forecasting
- Improved floating license use policy
- Improved Home tab
dotTrace Performance 4.0
New performance profiling capabilities:
- Profiling .NET Framework 4.0 applications.
- Profiling Windows Mobile applications built with .NET Compact Framework 3.5.
- Profiling Silverlight 4 applications.
- Profiling web applications deployed under IIS 7 or IIS 7.5.
- Profiling any .NET processes.
- Profiling applications remotely.
- Profiling applications line-by-line.
- A new way to measure execution time: wall time (performance counter).
- High Accuracy option to account for the time spent inside the profiler.
- Merging threads with identical names.
Improvements in working with performance snapshots:
- Handling snapshots of up to several hundred gigabytes in size.
- A new presentation view: Overview.
- Improved speed of search and navigation including name matching.
- Improved navigation between found function calls.
- Performance forecasting
- Adding textual annotations to functions.
- Advanced filtering.
- Selective line-by-line profiling for functions or classes that you'd like to zoom into.
- Improved source code preview.
Integration with Microsoft Visual Studio:
- Integration with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010.
- Support for more application types when you profile from Visual Studio.
- Profiling unit tests using Visual Studio, JetBrains ReSharper and dotTrace.
- Two editions: Standard and Professional.