Navigating with Structure Views
Use the Structure pop-up window or the Structure tool window to quickly jump to the desired member of a file in the editor. The Structure views provide quick navigation for all supported file types.
To navigate to a member in the editor
- Choose on the main menu or press Ctrl+F12.
- In the File Structure pop-up window that opens select the Narrow down the list on typing checkbox and start typing the desired member name.
You can include the members, inherited from the parent classes, by checking the option Show inherited members or pressing Ctrl+F12 again.
- Use the navigation keys to select the desired node. Then do one of the following:
- If the cursor rests on a top or intermediate node (for example, class or element ), double-click this node or press Enter to expand it in the Structure pop-up, or press F4 to jump to its declaration in the editor.
- If the cursor rests on a leaf node (for example, a member , or lowest-level element ), double-click this node or press Enter to jump to its declaration in the editor.
In the case of an inherited member, the respective parent class opens in the editor.