Configuring Folders Within a Content Root
Within a content root, PyCharm Edu can distinguish between the folders that contain source code, and the ones to be ignored while searching, parsing, watching etc. To do so, you can mark any folder below a content root as a source folder, or as excluded so it becomes invisible for PyCharm Edu.
To mark directories under the content root via the Project Structure
- Open the Project Structure settings.
- In the Projects pane of the Project Structure page, click the project you want to configure content roots for.
- In the Content roots pane of the Project Structure page, click the desired content root. The directories under this content root are displayed as a tree view.
- Select the directory you want to mark and do one of the following:
- Click one of the icons on top to assign the desired status to this directory.
- Choose the corresponding status command on the context menu of the directory.
- Press Alt+<first letter of the directory status> (for example, Alt+E for the excluded roots, or ).
To return a folder to its regular status, do one of the following
- In the Project Structure:
- Select the directory in question in the list of folders under the content root, and click :
- Click the folder's status icon once more.
- Choose the corresponding command on the context menu of the directory.