Navigating to Declaration or Type Declaration of a Symbol
While editing your source code, you might need to navigate to the location where a particular named code reference (a symbol) has been first declared. Thecommand enables you to navigate to the initial declaration of a symbol from its usage. The command enables you to navigate to the symbol's type declaration.
- Applies source code symbols, CSS, HTML, or XML tags and attributes, DTD and schema elements and attributes, and references in comments.
- Does not apply to the primitive types.
To navigate to the symbol declaration
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+B.
- Click the middle mouse button.
Keeping Ctrl (⌘ for macOS) pressed, hover your mouse pointer over the symbol. When the symbol turns into a hyperlink, its declaration will be displayed in the tooltip. Click the hyperlink without releasing the key to open the declaration in the editor.