Navigating to Declaration or Type Declaration of a Symbol
On this page:
- Important note
- Navigating to the declaration of a symbol
- Navigating to the type declaration of a symbol
While editing your source code, you might need to navigate to the location where a particular named code reference (a symbol) has been first declared. command enables you to navigate back to the initial declaration of a symbol from any place in the source code, even if it is from inside another class, or comment.
- Applies to the symbols of source code, CSS, HTML or XML tags and attributes, DTD and schema elements and attributes, and references in comments.
- Does not apply to the primitive types.
Navigating to the declaration of a symbol
To navigate to the declaration of a symbol
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- Do one of the following: