This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
In this section:
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm Edu supports Python from version 2.4 up to the version 3.5.
PyCharm Edu provides support for Python 3.5 with the backing of the following:
- PEP-0484 — Type Hints
- PEP 0448 — Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- PEP 0492 — Coroutines with async and await syntax
- and more.
Python support in PyCharm Edu includes:
- Dedicated .
- Ability to configure local and remote interpreters and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python, and Python remote debug.
- Code inspections.
- Intention actions.
- Code completion and resolve.
- Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
- Find usages in Python code.
- Testing frameworks.
- Quick documentation.
- Recognizing Python documentation comments.
- Documentation generators
- Configuring Python debugger.
- UML Class diagrams for Python classes.