Guided Tour Around PyCharm Edu User Interface
This chapter gives you insight into how PyCharm Edu user interface is organized to help you find your way through your working environment.
When you first run PyCharm Edu, or have no open project, PyCharm Edu displays the Welcome screen, which enables quick access to the major entry points. When a project is opened, PyCharm Edu displays the main window. This window is made up of the logical areas, which are shown on the picture below, marked with number labels.
- Menus and toolbars - the main menu and toolbars let you carry out various commands.
- Navigation bar that helps navigate through the project and open files for editing.
- The status bar - indicates the status of your project, the entire IDE, and shows various warning and information messages.
- The editor - here you create and modify the code.
- PyCharm Edu tool windows - secondary windows that provide access to various specific tasks (project management, search, running and debugging, integration with version control systems, task description and progress, etc.).