Working with Answer Placeholders
On this page:
- Creating answer placeholders
- Editing answer placeholders
- Deleting answer placeholders
- Giving up
When a placeholder already exists, the context menu command Add Answer Placeholder is replaced with the set of commands which enable editing a placeholder, deleting it, or deleting all answer placeholders.
If a student feels that he/she is unable to solve a problem, he/she may ask for help.
Creating answer placeholders
To create an answer placeholder
- Select a fragment of the exercise code to be replaced with some text.
- Right-click selection, and on the context menu, choose Add answer placeholder.
- In the Add Answer Placeholder dialog box, specify the text that will replace the selected fragment in the student's project.
Add hints, if necessary.
Editing answer placeholders
To edit an answer placeholder
Deleting answer placeholders
To delete answer placeholders
- Place the caret on an answer placeholder to be deleted.
- On the context menu, choose Delete Answer Placeholder.
The placeholders are deleted silently.
To obtain an answer
All the answer placeholders on the current page are filled in with correct solutions.