Pull Members Up
The Pull Members Up refactoring allows you to move class members to a superclass.
Pull Members Up refactoring can create abstract methods. If a project makes use of the interpreter Python 2.x, then only the instance methods can be abstracted. If a project uses Python 3.x, then any method can be abstracted.
Note that PyCharm Edu automatically adds import statements, required for abstract methods.
| || |
Pulling members up
- Select the class to be moved to a superclass.
- On the context menu, choose Pull Members Up dialog box appears. . The
- Select the destination object (superclass).
- In the Members section, select the members you want to move.
- To move a method as abstract, select the check box in the column Make abstract next to the method in question.
- Click Refactor to pull the selected members to their destination.