This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
In this section:
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm Edu supports Python from version 2.4 up to the version 3.6.
PyCharm Edu provides support for Python 3.5 and (since 2016.3) Python 3.6, with the backing of the following:
- PEP-0484 -- Type Hints
- PEP 0448 -- Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- PEP 0492 -- Coroutines with async and await syntax
- PEP 526 -- Syntax for variable annotations
- PEP 498 -- Literal String Interpolation
- PEP 515 -- Underscores in Numeric Literals
- PEP 525 -- Asynchronous Generators
- PEP 530 -- Asynchronous Comprehensions
- and more.
Python support in PyCharm Edu includes:
- Dedicated .
- Ability to and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python .
- Code inspections.
- Intention actions.
- Code completion and resolve.
- Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
- Find usages in Python code.
- Quick documentation.
- Configuring Python debugger.