In this section:
The Move refactorings allow you to move classes, functions, modules, files and directories within a project. So doing, PyCharm Edu tracks these movements and automatically corrects all references to the moved symbols in the source code.
- The Move File refactoring moves a file to another directory.
- The Move Directory refactoring moves a directory to another directory.
- The Move Module Members refactoring moves top-level symbols of a Python module.
- The Move Static Member refactoring moves a static method, variable, or constant from one class to another.
Performing Move refactoring
To perform a Move refactoring, follow these general steps:
- Select the symbol to be moved and do one of the following:
- On the main menu, or on the context menu, point to , and then choose .
- Press F6.
- In the Project Tool Window, drag the symbol to the new location.
The dialog that opens depends on the type of the selected symbol.
- Specify the move options according to the type of the item to be moved.
- Preview and apply the changes.