This section provides descriptions of the Python-specific procedures that are used in projects of all supported types, and the procedures that pertain to the empty projects only.
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine.
PyCharm Edu supports the following versions of Python:
- Python 2: versions 2.6 and 2.7
- Python 3: from the version 3.4 up to the version 3.7
PyCharm Edu provides support for Python 3.5 and (since 2016.3) Python 3.6, with the backing of the following:
- PEP-484 -- Type Hints
- PEP-448 -- Additional Unpacking Generalizations
- PEP-492 -- Coroutines with async and await syntax
- PEP-526 -- Syntax for variable annotations
- PEP-498 -- Literal String Interpolation
- PEP-515 -- Underscores in Numeric Literals
- PEP-525 -- Asynchronous Generators
- PEP-530 -- Asynchronous Comprehensions
- and more.
Python support in PyCharm Edu includes: