Configuring Intention Actions
PyCharm makes it possible to configure intention action settings either in the Intentions page of the Settings dialog, or "on-the-fly".
In this section:
To configure intention settings using the Settings dialog
By default, all available intention actions that ship with PyCharm, are enabled. By changing the Intention Settings, you can disable the actions that are not required for your current working environment.
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by choosing for Windows and Linux or for OS X, and click Intentions under Editor.
- In the Intentions page, clear the check boxes of the intention actions
or action categories that you do not currently need.
Selecting or clearing a category affects all intention actions in this category.
- Apply changes and close the dialog.
To configure intention settings on-the-fly
- In the editor, press Alt+Enter to reveal the inspection alert and suggestion list.
- Select the action to be disabled, then click right arrow button or just press the right arrow key.
- On the submenu, click Disable <intention action name>.