In this section:
PyCharm provides initial Cython support out-of-the-box. PyCharm recognizes
*.pxi files, and allows you to edit them.
However, if you want to compile and run
*.pyx files, make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Cython is downloaded and installed on your computer.
- C compiler is downloaded and installed on your computer.
Cython files are marked with icon.
Cython support includes:
- Coding assistance:
- Code inspections. Almost all Python code inspections work for Cython.
Numerous ways to navigate through the source code, among them:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Advanced facilities to search through the source code, in particular, finding usages.
- Compiling Cython modules:
- Compilation is done using external tools. The preferred build systems
setup.py, etc.) should be configured as external tools.
- C compiler should be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Compilation is done using external tools. The preferred build systems (