Viewing Changes History for a File or Selection
VCS integrations of PyCharm enable you to inspect the changes made to files, or even fragments of source code.and commands are available on the main menu, and on the context menus of the files, under the respective VCS nodes.
Results of the Version Control Tool Window. For the different version control systems, the set of toolbar buttons in the History tab may slightly vary. Results of the command are displayed in a dedicated window, in the form of a differences viewer.command are displayed in a dedicated tab of the
Viewing the History of a File
Do one of the following:
- Open the file in the editor. Then on the main menu or on the context menu of the editor tab, choose .
- In the Project tool window, select the file in question and choose on the context menu of the file.
File revisions are shown in regular font. The revision that currently exists in your working copy, is shown inbold font.
- Click the columns to filter the list of changes you have made to the selected file.
- Click the relevant buttons on the toolbar to compare with local version, get the selected version from VCS, annotate a file, refresh the revisions list, and show the list as a tree.
- To view the other files updated in a revision, select the revision in question and choose Show All Affected Files on the context menu. The Paths Affected in Revision dialog box opens showing a list of all the files that were modified in the selected revision.
Viewing the History of a Selection
- In the editor, select the fragment of source code to view the history for.
- Choose on the main menu, or on the context menu of the selection.