Creating Django Project
Django project is intended for productive web development with Django. PyCharm takes care of creating specific directory structure and files required for a Django application, and providing the correct settings.
To create a Django project
- On the main menu, choose , or click the New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Project type Django project.
- In the Python Interpreter drop-down list, select the Python SDK you want to use. If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click the browse button to review the installed interpreters; you can specify a new one by clicking Add, and locating Python SDK in the file system. Refer to the section Configuring Available Python Interpreters.
- Necessity to install Django. If Django is missing in the selected interpreter, PyCharm displays an error message, and
Install Django check box.
If Django is installed, the check box is not shown.
- Click OK to proceed with the Django application settings.
- In the Django Application Settings dialog box, specify the following:
Last modified: 23 November 2016