Adding Files To a Local Mercurial Repository
After a Mercurial repository for a project is initialized, you need to add the project data to it:
- If you have specified Mercurial as the version control system for your project in the Settings
dialog box, PyCharm suggests to put each new file under Mercurial control during the file creation.
To have Mercurial ignore some types of files, configure files to ignore.
- You can add all unversioned files to Mercurial control or select files to add.
To add all currently unversioned files to Mercurial control
- Switch to the Version Control tool window.
- In the Local Changhes tab, navigate to the Unversioned Files node and choose from the context menu.
To add specific file(s) to a local Mercurial repository, do one of the following:
- Switch to the Version Control tool window, expand the Unversioned Files node, and select the files to be added. From the context menu, choose .
- Switch to the Project tool window and select the files to be added. From the context menu, choose .
Last modified: 23 December 2016