In this section:
Supported versions of Django and Python
The supported Python versions depend on the Django version. See What Python version can I use with Django?
Django support in PyCharm includes:
- Dedicated project type .
- Ability to run the tasks of the
- Django templates support (syntax and error highlighting, code completion, navigation, completion for block names, resolve and completion for custom tags and filters, and quick documentation for tags and filters).
- Ability to create templates from usage.
- Ability to debug Django templates.
- Live templates (snippets) for the quick development of Django templates.
- Run/debug configuration for Django server.
- Navigation between views and templates.
- Code insight support for Django ORM.
- Code completion and resolve in
- Class-based views. PyCharm provides Intention action to convert Django function-based generic views to class-based views.
- Generating model dependency diagrams for Django models.
Enabling or disabling Django support
Django support can be turned on or off by selecting/clearing the check box Enable Django support in the Django page.
To enable Django support, follow these steps:
- Open Settings/Preferences dialog, and click the page Django.
- Make sure that the check box Enable Django support is selected.
- Apply changes (if any) and close the dialog.