Navigating with Structure Views
Besides that, navigation with the Structure pop-up window is also available for diagrams.
To navigate to a member in the editor
- Choose on the main menu or press Ctrl+F12.
- In the File Structure pop-up window that opens select the Narrow down the list on typing check box and start typing the desired member name.
- Use the navigation keys to select the desired node. Then do one of the following:
- If the cursor rests on a top or intermediate node (for example, class or element ), double-click this node or press Enter to expand it in the Structure pop-up, or press F4 to jump to its declaration in the editor.
- If the cursor rests on a leaf node (for example, a member , or lowest-level element ), double-click this node or press Enter to jump to its declaration in the editor.
In the case of an inherited member, the respective parent class opens in the editor.
You can also use the Structure tool window (Alt+7). This view is flexibly configurable and useful for many tasks, apart from navigation. However, the File Structure pop-up window is the easiest way for quick navigation.