Creating Flask Project
Flask project in intended for productive development of the Flask applications. PyCharm takes care of creating the specific directory structure, and settings.
To create a Flask project, follow these steps
- On the main menu, choose , or click the New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Project type Flask project.
- In the Python Interpreter drop-down list, select the Python SDK you want to use. If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click and choose the interpreter type.
Refer to the section Configuring Available Python Interpreters.
- If Flask is missing in the selected interpreter, PyCharm displays an information message that Flask will be downloaded.
- Click (More Settings), and specify the following:
- Click Create.
PyCharm creates an application and produces specific directory structure, which you can explore in the Project tool window. Besides that, PyCharm creates a stub Python script with the name
<project name>.py, which provides a simple "Hello, World!" example.