Importing TextMate Bundles
To import a TextMate bundle, follow these general steps
- Make sure that TextMate bundles you want to import to PyCharm, are already downloaded. For example, you can find the desired TextMate bundles on GitHub.
- Open Settings/Preferences dialog, and click TextMate Bundles.
- In the TextMate Bundles page, click :
- In the Select Path dialog box that opens, locate the desired bundle in the file system, and click OK. Repeat this step as required.
- Apply changes.
- If necessary, add the desired file type to the to the imported TM bundle.
For example, if you want Ruby files with
.rbextension to be supported by the PyCharm's TextMate integration, you have to open for editing the file
Ruby.tmbundle\Syntaxes\Ruby.plist, locate the section
fileTypes, and under
Then restart PyCharm.
- Just to make sure that the desired file type will be opened via the TextMate bundles, open File Types page of the Settings/Preferences dialog, among the recognized file types find Files supported via TextMate bundles, and see the list of extensions: