Creating Flask Project
Flask project in intended for productive development of the Flask applications. PyCharm takes care of creating the specific directory structure, and settings.
To create a Flask project, follow these steps
- On the main menu, choose , or click the New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Project type Flask project.
- In the Python Interpreter drop-down list, select the Python SDK you want to use. If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click and choose the interpreter type.
- If Flask is missing in the selected interpreter, PyCharm displays an information message that Flask will be downloaded.
- Click (More Settings), and specify the following:
- Click Create.
PyCharm creates an application and produces specific directory structure, which you can explore in the Project tool window. Besides that, PyCharm creates a stub Python script with the name
<project name>.py, which provides a simple "Hello, World!" example.