For more details about compilation in PyCharm, see the section File Watchers.
Debugging CoffeeScript is supported only in the local mode. This means that PyCharm itself starts the Node.js engine and the target application according to a run configuration and gets full control over the session.
For more details about debugging Node.js applications, see Running and Debugging Node.js.
To debug a CoffeeScript code, follow these general steps:
- Set the breakpoints in the CoffeeScript code, where necessary.
- Start creating a Node.js run configuration with the following mandatory settings:
- The Node.js engine to use. By default, the field shows the path to the interpreter specified on the Node.js page during Node.js configuration.
- In the Working directory field, specify the location of the files referenced from the starting CoffeeScript file to run, for example, includes. If this file does not reference any other files, just leave the field empty.
- Save the configuration and click on the toolbar.
- Proceed as while debugging a Node.js application locally.