PyCharm brings powerful support for HTML that includes syntax and error highlighting, formatting according to the chosen code style, structure validation, code completion, and much more, see Basic Editing Procedures and Advanced Editing Procedures.
Creating an HTML file
Generating references in an HTML file
PyCharm can generate
<img> tags inside
Previewing output of an HTML file in a browser
You can preview a file with Web contents in the PyCharm default browser or in the one of your choice.
To open the page preview in a browser of your choice
Open the file in the editor, choose on the main menu, and select the desired browser from the pop-up menu. Alternatively, hover your mouse pointer over the code to show the browser icons bar, and click the icon that indicates the desired browser:
Viewing HTML source code of a web page in the editor
- Choose .
- In the Open URL dialog box that opens, type the URL address of the web page or choose a previously opened URL from the list.
Viewing embedded images
- Select the image file in the Project tool window, and choose on the context menu of the selection or press F4.
- In the editor, place the cursor at the reference to the image, and choose on the context menu or press Ctrl+B
- Configure the path to the external editor on the Images page ( for Windows and Linux or for macOS).
- Select the image file in the Project tool window, and choose or press Ctrl+Alt+F4.