Creating Django Project
Django project is intended for productive web development with Django. PyCharm takes care of creating specific directory structure and files required for a Django application, and providing the correct settings.
To create a Django project
- On the main menu, choose , or click the New Project button in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens.
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the following:
- Project name and location.
- Project type Django project.
- In the Python Interpreter drop-down list, select the Python SDK you want to use. If the desired interpreter is not found in the list, click and choose the interpreter type.
- If Django is missing in the selected interpreter, PyCharm displays an information message that Django will be downloaded.
- Click (More Settings), and specify the following:
- Click Create.
Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines:
Last modified: 15 September 2017