Extract Field Dialog
Extracting a field using the dialog box
To extract a field using the dialog box
If the Enable in place refactorings checkbox is cleared on the Editor settings, the Extract Field refactoring is performed by means of the introduce field.
- In the editor, select the expression or variable to be replaced with a field, or just place the cursor within such an expression or variable declaration.
- In the main menu, or the context menu of the selection, choose , or press Ctrl+Alt+F.
- In the Expressions pop-up menu, select the expression to be replaced. Note that PyCharm highlights the selected expression in the editor.
- In the dialog that opens, specify the type and name of the new field.
- In the Initialize in section, specify where the new field will be initialized.
- To automatically replace all occurrences of the selected expression (if it is found more than once),select the option Replace all occurrences.
- Click OK to create the field.
Last modified: 28 March 2018