Monitoring and Managing Tests
Test progress and results display in the dedicated test runner tabs of the Run tool window.
- The Run toolbar is almost the same as that for the Run tool window, but features testing-specific buttons.
- The left-hand pane shows the tree view of all tests within the current run/debug configuration.
- The root node represents the test selected to run.
- The nested nodes represent the hierarchy of test suites and test cases.
- The leaf nodes represent the individual tests.
The status of each test is indicated by an icon. Double-click a node to open the respective test class or test method in the editor.
- The testing toolbar provides controls that enable you to monitor the tests and analyze results. Some of the commands are duplicated on the context menus of the test tree nodes.
- The Output pane shows the output of the current test suit.
- The inline statistics show the list of executed tests with the execution time of each test.
- The color of the status bar indicates whether the tests have passed successfully. If at least one of the tests fails, the status bar turns red.
- Navigate through the list of test cases using arrow keys.
- Navigate between failed tests using the and buttons or Ctrl+Alt+Up or Ctrl+Alt+Down keyboard shortcuts.
- View the total number of tests being run in the current session. The summary information is displayed in a message line on the top of the tool window. After completion of the tests, the message informs you about the number of failed tests and elapsed time.
- View testing progress in the progress bar.
- Show or hide information about the passed tests, using the button.
- Show the ignored tests in the tree view of all tests within the current run/debug configuration or test class using the button.
- Navigate from the stack trace to the problem location in the source code by clicking the hyperlink in the Output pane.
- Enable and disable the following functionality by clicking the cog button and selecting the relevant items from the context menu: