PyCharm makes it possible to run all tests in a container, individual tests or test methods. For each one, PyCharm provides a temporary run-debug configuration that can be saved if necessary as a permanent one.
Note also that the commands shown in the context menu, are context-sensitive, that is the testing command that shows depends on the test runner and the place where this command is invoked.
Running all tests in a directory
To run all tests in a directory
- In the Project tool window, select the directory that contains tests to be executed.
- On the context menu, choose the corresponding run command.
If the directory contains tests that belong to the different testing frameworks, select the configuration to be used.
For example, choose.
- Explore results in the test runner.
Running test cases or test scripts
To run a test case or test script
- Open the desired test in the editor, or select it in the Project tool window.
- On the context menu of the selection, choose .