Uploading and Downloading Files
Uploading files and folders
PyCharm provides the following main ways to upload project files and folders to a deployment server:
- Manually, at any time through a menu command.
- Automatically, every time a file is updated, or before starting a debugging session, or during commit to your version control system.
How do I upload a file or folder manually?
In the Project tool window, select this file or folder, choose Upload to on the context menu, and then select the target deployment server from the list.
How do I upload a file or folder to the default server manually?
In the Project tool window, select this file or folder and then choose Upload to <default deployment server> on the context menu of the selection.
How do I upload checked-in files immediately after commit?
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing deployment servers or create a new one: click and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have PyCharm automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server checkbox.
How do I configure automatic upload of changed files to the default server:
- Open the Options dialog ( for Windows and Linux or for macOS).
- From the Upload changed files automatically to the default server list, choose when you want PyCharm to upload changed files:
- To upload any manually or automatically saved file, choose Always.
- To upload only manually saved files, choose On explicit save action.
- To suppress automatic upload, choose Never.
Downloading files and folders
Files and folders can be downloaded only manually.
How do I download a file or folder?
In the Remote Hosts tool window, select the required file or folder and choose on the context menu of the selection.
How do I download a file from the default deployment server?
On the main menu, choose.