V8 Heap Search Dialog
The dialog box opens when you click on the toolbar in the V8 Heap Tool Window Use the dialog box to find constructors, object IDs, character strings, etc. in a snapshot. The search results are displayed in the Details pane, in a separate Occurrences of '<search pattern>' view.
| Search || In this text box, type the search pattern to look for. Select the Case Sensitive checkbox if necessary. |
| Scope || In this area, specify the type of objects to limit the search to. When the Everywhere checkbox is selected, all the other search types are not available. |
- Everywhere: select this checkbox to search in all the scopes. When this checkbox is selected, all the other search types are disabled.
In the V8 Heap Tool Window, link names are marked with the
% character (
- Class Names: select this checkbox to search among functions-constructors.
- Text Strings: select this checkbox to perform a textual search in the contents of the objects.
- Snapshot Object IDs: select this checkbox to search among the unique identifiers of objects. V8 assigns such a unique identifier in the format to each object when the object is created and preserves it until the object is destroyed. This means that you can find and compare the same objects in several snapshots taken within the same session.
In the V8 Heap Tool Window, object IDs are marked with the
@ character (
- Marks: select this checkbox to search among the labels you set to objects manually by clicking on the toolbar of the Containment tab.
Last modified: 28 March 2018