Showing the Hierarchy tool window
The Hierarchy tool window is not shown when there are no hierarchies to display. You have to build hierarchies first.
Refer to Building Class Hierarchy to learn how to build hierarchies.
To open the Hierarchy tool window, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose .
- Use Alt+8 keyboard shortcut.
Navigating between the tabs of the Hierarchy tool window
Do one of the following:
- Right-click the currently displayed tab, and choose / on the context menu.
- Use the Alt+Right and Alt+Left keyboard shortcuts.
- Click the currently displayed tab, and choose the next tab to display.
Toggling between views
Toggling between views means showing ascending or descending hierarchy (callee vs. caller methods, parent vs. children classes etc.) To toggle between views, use the toolbar of the Hierarchy tool window:
- Click to show caller methods, or supertypes.
- Click to show callee methods, or subtypes.