Configuring System Interpreter
To configure a system Python interpreter, follow these steps:
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), select Project: <project name> | Project Interpreter.
- In the Project Interpreter page, click and select Add.
- In the left-hand pane of the Add Python Interpreter dialog box, select System Interpreter.
- In the Interpreter field, type the fully-qualified path to the required interpreter executable, or click and in the Select Python Interpreter dialog box that opens, choose the desired Python executable and click OK. Note that you will need admin privileges to install, remove, and upgrade packages for the system interpreter. When attempting to install an interpreter package through an intention action, you might receive the following error message: As prompted, consider using a virtual environment for your project.
- Click OK to complete the task.
Last modified: 14 July 2018