PyCharm makes it possible to track the unsatisfied dependencies in your projects, and provides integration with the major means of dependencies management.
- Create a new file in the root directory of your project.
- In the New File dialog, specify the file name. The recommended name for the requirements file is
requirements.txt. When a file with this name is added to the root project directory, it is automatically detected by Python Integrated tools.
- Type the names of the required packages as plain text, for example: Note that recursive requirements syntax is supported: you can use the main requirements file, and include the other requirements with
You can also run
pip freeze > requirements.txt in the command line to generate a
requirements.txt file for your project. See https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/reference/pip_freeze/ for more details.
If the name of the requirements file differs from
requirements.txt or when you have several requirements files in one project, you have to notify PyCharm about the requirements file you want to apply.
Configure the default requirements file:
- Open the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S) and select .
- In the Package requirements file field, type the name of the requirements file or click the browse button and locate the desired file.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Though you can edit the dependencies management files according to their syntax, PyCharm provides quick fixes that enable populating these files.
Populate dependency management files:
requirements.txt, as described in the sections Creating and Running setup.py and Defining requirements.
- In an
importstatement of a Python file, click a package which is not yet imported. PyCharm suggests a quick fix:
- Select and apply the suggested quick fix. The package in question is added to the dependency management file.
PyCharm provides quick fixes and notifications related to the unsatisfied dependencies.
- Open a project with the requirements file specified, a notification bar is displayed on top of any Python or requirements file opened in Editor:
- Click one of the provided links to satisfy or ignore requirements.