Welcome to PyCharm help!
PyCharm is a dedicated Python and Django IDE providing a wide range of essential tools for Python developers, tightly integrated together to create a convenient environment for productive Python development and Web development.
PyCharm is available in three editions: Professional, Community, and Educational (Edu). The Community and Edu editions are open-source projects and they are free, but they has less features. PyCharm Edu provides courses and helps you learn programming with Python. The Professional edition is commercial, and provides an outstanding set of tools and features. For details, see the editions comparison matrix.
- Before starting with PyCharm, take a look at the basic concepts since they are useful for more productive usage of PyCharm.
- If you want to learn about the PyCharm UI, take a guided tour. The Tool Windows and PyCharm Editor parts will tell you everything you need to know to get a grip of these UI elements.
- The section Customizing PyCharm contains important information about the settings (preferences).
- The tutorials for beginners are in the part First Steps. They help perform the most important basic tasks with PyCharm - create and run an application.
- If you click Help button in a dialog, you will see the reference page that gives descriptions of controls and fields of each dialog.
- Explore Educational Products if you want to study Python and develop learning courses.
- Finally, the part Getting Help tells about using help topics, applying to support service, reporting issues and sharing your feedback.
For advanced users
You might want to study the following step-by-step task-oriented tutorials: