Command Line Code Inspector
On this page:
- Launching a code inspection from the command line
- Viewing the results of an offline inspection
Launching a code inspection from the command line
To launch a code inspection from the command line
- Specify the following command line arguments:
- Path to the launcher: specify the full path
to one of the following launchers (which reside under the
bindirectory of your PyCharm installation):
- Project file path is the full path to the directory that contains the project to be inspected.
- Inspection profile path is the full path to the
profile, against which the project should be inspected. The inspection profiles are stored
- Output path is the full path to an existing directory where the report will be stored.
- Options. You can specify:
- Path to the launcher: specify the full path to one of the following launchers (which reside under the
C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\<PyCharm home>\bin\inspect.bat E:\SampleProjects\MetersToInchesConverter E:\Work\MyProject\.idea\inspectionProfiles\Project_Default.xml E:\Work\MyProject\inspection-results-dir -v2 -d E:\SampleProjects\MetersToInchesConverter\subdirectory
/Applications/PyCharm.app/Contents/bin/inspect.sh ~/PyCharmProjects/MyTestProject ~/Library/Preferences/pycharmXX/inspection/Default.xml ~/PyCharmProjects/MyTestProject/results-dir -v2
Viewing the results of an offline inspection
If you have performed an offline inspection and exported the inspection results to a directory in the XML format you can always download and view these results.
To view the results of an offline inspection, follow these steps
- Open the project against which the inspection was performed.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Select Path dialog box that opens, navigate to the directory that contains inspection results in XML format.
- Click OK. Inspection results display in the Offline View tab in the Inspection Results Tool Window.
Last modified: 25 March 2017