Compare files from the command line
Open the diff viewer to compare two files from the command line. For example, you can compare the current version of a file with its backup, or your local copy of a file with its copy from the remote repository or its copy from another branch.
- pycharm.bat diff <path1> <path2>
- pycharm.bat diff C:\MyProject\Readme.md C:\MyProject\Readme.md.bak
- pycharm diff <path1> <path2>
- pycharm diff ~/MyProject/Readme.md ~/MyProject/Readme.md.bak
- pycharm.sh diff <path1> <path2>
- pycharm.sh diff ~/MyProject/Readme.md ~/MyProject/Readme.md.bak