Configuring Remote Interpreters via Vagrant
Besides that, make sure that the following prerequisites are met (outside of PyCharm):
- Oracle's VirtualBox is installed on your computer.
- Vagrant is installed on your computer, and all the necessary infrastructure is created.
- The parent folders of the following executable files are added to the system PATH variable:
vagrantfrom your Vagrant installation. This should be done automatically by the installer.
VBoxManagefrom your Oracle's VirtualBox installation.
- The required virtual boxes are created.
Configuring remote Python interpreter via Vagrant
To configure a remote Python interpreter
- Ensure that you have properly initiated and started Vagrant.
- In the Project Interpreters page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box, click next to Project Interpreter field.
- From the drop-down list, choose
The dialog box Add Python Interpreter opens. .
- In the left-hand pane of the dialog box, click Vagrant:
- Click the browse button next to the field Vagrant instance folder, and specify the desired Vagrant instance folder.
This results in showing the link to Vagrant host URL.
- The Python interpreter path field displays the path to the desired Python executable. You can accept default, or specify a different one.
- Click OK in the Configure Remote Python Interpreter dialog box. The configured remote interpreter is added to the list.
- Back in the Project Interpreter page, if necessary, configure the path mappings:
- Click :
- In the dialog box that opens add () or delete () path mappings as desired.
Last modified: 23 April 2018