Google App Engine
PyCharm supports all major Google App Engine development practices.
In this section:
Prior to start working, consider the following prerequisites:
- Google App Engine SDK is downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Google App Engine works with Python versions 2.5 and higher.
Google App Engine support in PyCharm
Google App Engine support in PyCharm includes:
- A dedicated project type with specific directory structure and configuration file.
- Ability to enable and configure Google App Engine support per project.
- Ability to generate and view model dependency diagram for the Google App Engine models.
- Ability to upload applications, using the command of the menu.
- Run/debug configuration for App Engine server.
Creating, deploying, and launching applications on Google App Engine
To create, deploy, and launch an application on Google App Engine
To create, deploy, and launch an application on Google App Engine, follow these general steps:
- In your browser, sign in to your Google account.
- In PyCharm, create a Google App Engine project. See Creating Google App Engine Project.
- Develop the desired contents.
- Upload your application.
http://<your-application-name>.appspot.com/to view your application in action.
- If necessary, check the logs.