helps you investigate value of a particular type and possibly determine how a certain
incorrect value might have passed to a given point in your program, and where it might be passed next.
This helps you investigate possible
inappropriate behavior and reasons why you get incorrect values.
To investigate member's value origins
- Place the caret at the name of a method, property, variable, field, etc. whose value you want to investigate.
- On the main menu, choose or press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A and choose Value Origin in the Inspect This drop-down list.
- In the Inspection Results Window that opens, you can investigate possible origins of the value.
To investigate member's value destinations
- Place the caret at the name of a property, variable, field, etc., whose value you want to investigate.
- On the main menu, choose or press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+A and choose Value Destination in the Inspect This drop-down list.
- The Inspection Results Window opens where you can investigate possible destinations of the value.
If a node represents an element of a collection, it is marked with ; if there is a lambda expression, it is marked with .
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies: