Exploring Project Hierarchy
This feature helps you analyze referenced and referencing projects and assemblies of a specific project in your solution.
To view project hierarchy
- Choose a project in the Solution Explorer.
- In the main menu, choose or right-click the selected project and choose Show Project Hierarchy in the context menu.
- In a new tab of the Hierarchy Window that appears, you can explore the hierarchy or project references:
- To switch the hierarchy between referenced projects and assemblies and projects that reference the selected project in the current solution, use the corresponding toolbar buttons ( Referenced Projects / Referencing Projects )
You can further explore each project or assembly in the hierarchy:
- Click Base on This to rebuild the hierarchy basing on the selected project or assembly.
- Double-click on any project reference to locate it in the Solution Explorer.
- Double-click on any assembly reference to explore the assembly in the Assembly Explorer Window.
Last modified: 15 December 2016