Sharing Inspection Results
In large projects, code inspection results can be used im many different ways. For instance, to assign found issues to different developers: you can copy or export a code issue or a group of issues and submit the copy to an issue tracker.
To export inspection results to a file
- Open code inspection results in the Inspection Results Window or enable the solution-wide analysis and open the list of errors in the Errors/Warnings in Solution Window.
- Click Export on the toolbar to export the data currently displayed in the window in text format, or use the drop-down selector to export the data in XML or HTML format. The Export Data Dialog that appears, will help you to save the data to a file or copy it to the clipboard.
- An alternative way to export current issues to an XML report, is to choose in the main menu and then specify file name and location.
Saving inspection results to the XML format has several advantages: first, this format is compatible with the output format of the InspectCode command-line tool and JetBrains TeamCity, second, you can later load and study it in th the Inspection Results Window. Regardless of the tool that was used to generate the XML report, you can always open and examine it with ReSharper.
To study inspection results saved in XML report
- In the main menu, choose .
- Select an XML report file and click Open.
- The report is opened in the new tab of the Inspection Results Window. If the current solution corresponds to that of the XML report, you will be able to navigate to the issues by double-clicking on the inspection result items.
Besides exporting, you can copy individual entries or custom selections of entries shown in the Inspection Results Window and Errors/Warnings in Solution Window to the clipboard. The copied issue information include names of project and solution, file name and line number as well as the description of the issue. For example: