Copy Type refactoring
This refactoring allows you to copy a class, interface, struct, or enum defined in your solution from one namespace to another, or clone it within the same namespace. For partial types, all parts will be copied even if they are located in separate files.
To copy a type
- Select a type in one of the following ways:
Do one of the following:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R and then choose Copy Type
- Right-click and choose Refactor | Copy Type on the context menu.
- Choose in the main menu.
- Specify a name for the copied type and a namespace where it should be added.
- To apply the refactoring, click Next.
- If no conflicts are found, ReSharper performs the refactoring immediately. Otherwise, it prompts you to resolve conflicts.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.