Exploring Hierarchy of References
This feature helps you explore hierarchy of references for any assembly and track down all assembly dependencies. Recursive dependencies are detected and marked with a glyph to the right of a reference entry.
To view reference hierarchy for an assembly
- Select an assembly in the Assembly Explorer window.
- Right-click and choose References Hierarchy in the context menu.
- In a new tab of the Hierarchy window that appears, you can explore the hierarchy or assembly references:
- To switch the hierarchy between referenced assemblies and currently loaded assemblies that reference the selected assembly, use the corresponding toolbar buttons ( Referenced Projects / Referencing Projects )
- You can further explore each assembly in the hierarchy:
Last modified: 15 February 2017