Generating Partial Methods
Partial methods are defined in different parts (different files) of a partial type - one part contains the signature of the method while the other part contains its implementation.
To generate implementations of partial methods in a partial type
- In the editor, position the caret within a partial type at the line where you want to insert implementations of partial methods.
- Press Alt+Insert or choose in the main menu.
- In the Generate pop-up menu, select Partial Methods.
- In the Generate dialog that appears, select partial methods to create implementation stubs for.
- Click Finish to complete the wizard.
You can also click Options to review or modify common code generation preferences on the page of ReSharper options.
Depending on your settings, in the bodies of generated implementations ReSharper throws new
NotImplementedException(), returns default value, or puts code that will not compile. You can configure your preferences on the page of ReSharper options.
This feature is supported in the following languages/technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.