Reformatting XML Doc Comments
ReSharper can reformat XML documentation comments according to your preferences.
Note that ReSharper does not reformat plain comments like:
// A plain single-line comment
/* A plain multi-line comment */
To reformat XML doc comments with a custom Code Cleanup profile
- Select in the main menu.
- On the page of ReSharper options, configure formatting settings so that they comply with your coding practices or standards.
- Go to the Code Cleanup settings page: .
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let ReSharper choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see managing and sharing resharper settings.
- Select the scope where you want to reformat XML doc comments:
- Set the caret anywhere in the file to reformat XML doc comments to the file.
- Select one or more items in the Solution Explorer to reformat XML doc comments in the files under these nodes and their child items.
- Do one of the following:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F or choose in the main menu.
- Right-click anywhere in the text editor or right-click the selection and choose Cleanup Code in the context menu.
- In the Code Cleanup dialog that opens, select the newly created profile.
- Click Run. ReSharper will reformat XML doc comments in the selected scope.
If you want to reformat XML doc comments without opening the Code Cleanup dialog, you can bind the created profile to the silent cleanup and run it simply by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F. You can also create a custom cleanup profile that would combine reformatting XML doc comments with other code style tasks.
This feature is supported in the following languages and technologies:
The instructions and examples given here address the use of the feature in C#. For details specific to other languages, see corresponding topics in the ReSharper by Language section.
- Naming Style
- Managing and Applying Code Formatting Rules
- File and Type Layout
- File Header Style
- Code Syntax Style: Namespace Imports
- Code Syntax Style: Implicit/Explicit Typing
- Using Auto-Properties
- Making Fields Readonly
- Code Syntax Style: Multiple Attributes
- Code Syntax Style: Modifiers
- Code Syntax Style: Optional Member Qualifiers
- Reformatting XML Doc Comments
- Removing Code Redundancies