Exploring PDB Contents
ReSharper helps you explore assembly PDB contents by generating a readable XML file, which contains:
- source file names,
- mapping between IL offsets and source lines,
- names of local variables,
- entry point method if present,
- import scopes,
- a type of PDB file (Windows/Portable/Embedded),
- PDB signature,
- source server info: SourceLink/SrcSrv.
To study PDB contents associated with an assembly, right-click on it in the Assembly Explorer window and choose Show PDB content. ReSharper will generate an XML file and open it in the editor.