To implement and/or override members
- Position the caret within a class where you'd like to implement and/or override members.
On the main menu, choose
ReSharper | Edit | Generate Code, or press Alt+Insert.
Generatepop-up menu, select Implement missing membersor Overriding members.There's an alternative way to open the Implement missing memberspage of the Generatewizard: position the caret over the declaration of the class where members must be implemented, click Alt+Enterand select the Implement members quick-fix from the list:
Override membersor Implement missing memberspage of the Generatewizard, select members to implement and/or override:
Implement missing memberspage differs from Override members(shown above) in two ways:
- It doesn't show overridable members (such as members of the Object class in this case).
- It doesn't emphasize must-implement members with bold.
Optionally, use the following controls that are applied to all implemented/overridden members at this point (see next
step for guidelines on configuring individual members):
Wrap in regionsgroups overridden and implemented members within regions called Overrides of [name of base class] and Implementation of [name of base interface].
Implement aslets you choose whether to implement members as:
- Public members.
- Public virtual members.
- Exlicitly implement them as private members.
Properties aslets you choose whether to implement properties as:
- Traditional properties with NotImplementedExceptions in accessor bodies.
- Traditional properties that access private fields.
- Automatic properties.
Copy XML documentationcopies XML documentation from base members to overridden/implemented members.
Do one of the following:
- To configure generation options (listed in the previous step)
individually for specific members, click
Advanced. You can then select individual members, or Ctrl-click two or more members to configure their settings in a uniform fashion. After finishing this step, click Next, and as soon as the following screen appears, click Finish.
Finishto complete the wizard right away.
- To configure generation options (listed in the previous step) individually for specific members, click