To extract a superclass
- In the editor, position the caret at the declaration of the class that you want to extract a superclass from.
On the main menu, choose
ReSharper | Refactor | Extract Superclass. The Extract Superclasswizard opens:
Name of new classbox, type a name for a new superclass or leave the default one.
Place besideor Place in another fileto define the physical location of the new superclass.
- In the list of members, select members that you want to transfer to the new superclass.
- To make/keep individual members abstract, select corresponding
Make Abstractcheck boxes where available.
- To extract all public members of the current class, click
- If you select members that reference other members, the latter are highlighted with red, as shown in figure above. Click
Dependentto resolve the conflict, i.e. to select any members that depend on the currently selected members.
Next. If no conflicts are found, the refactoring will be applied immediately, otherwise, resolve conflicts.