The Use Base Type Where Possible refactoring helps replace some or all references to a selected
type with references to its base type. The list of base types
is provided for the user to select from. You can optionally choose not to replace references in
- Position the caret at the name of a type.
- Choose ReSharper | Refactor | Use Base Type Where Possible. The
Use Base Type Where Possible dialog box displays:
- Specify the following options:
- In the list of base types of the selected type, select which one to use for replacement.
- Select whether you want to Replace types in 'is' operator and/or Replace types in 'typeof' operator.
- Click Next. If no conflicts are found, selected categories of
references are updated immediately. Otherwise,