ReSharper allows you to generate content (Content controls) for ASP.NET web forms and master pages according to content placeholders (ContentPlaceHolder controls) defined in the related master page files.
NoteThis operation is only available if the master page (or the base master page) related to the file defines some placeholders that do not have corresponding content units in the file.
- In the Text Editor, open an .aspx or .master file and position the caret where you want to generate a Content control.
- On the main menu, choose ReSharper | Edit | Generate Code, or press Alt+Insert.
- From the Generate pop-up menu, select Content for Placeholders.
On the Generate content for masterpage's content placeholder
page of the Generate wizard,
select ContentPlaceHolder controls from a master page
to generate related Content controls in the current file.
- As an option, use Copy default content, if ContentPlaceHolder control contains default content and you want to copy it to the content page.
- You can click Advanced and then Next to view exactly what controls will be created.
- Click Finish to complete the wizard.